Samsung Galaxy 5 can upgrade to Froyo to be able to install applications to the SD Card to run APP2SD and Wifi Tethering, some actions can be done so that the original OS is Eclair can be upgraded to Froyo aka Android 2.2.
How to upgrade to Froyo are:
1. Download Odin & Ops for the flashing to the Galaxy 5 here
2. Download Android 2.2 Firmware here
3. Extract the files Odin + Ops.
4. Open the file and then Odin Multi Downloader v4.28.exe show will appear like this:
5. Extract the firmware file. password: samfirmware.com
6. On the menu select File OPS OPS imaginable in Dlm folder Odin + Ops
7. On the PDA menu select the firmware file which has been in the extract the file name: I5500LAROJP2.tar, if there is an error message ignore ..
8. Factory reset galaxy 5, then turn off.
9. Connect the USB cable galaxy 5.
10. Press and hold the volume down, home center, and end call [no] until there is an inscription download fashion ..
11. Once detected com port on Odin. then click start.
12. Android 2.2 Froyo successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy 5
After a few steps above were taken, then install the application to the SD Card and share an internet connection can be done via Wifi. If you want to wait, then maybe in the next few weeks as an official Samsung firmware upgrade opportunities to Froyo. Samsung Galaxy 3 has been carried out in Spain a few months ago.